16 January, 2011




I told myself I would do schoolwork until 7:00, but Charlie just informed me that it was suppertime and I thought 7:00!?  Who am I kidding!? 

There has to be something going on outside.  Normally Charlie would nap through the afternoon while I'm doing homework, but today he has sat at attention near the window, pretty much all afternoon.


He's been fed and maybe after this short break I can settle in to study a while longer.  I do have a load of clothes to fold and I need to do my nails tonight.  But I should finish one more section on this assignment...


We have finished our first week of Iowa/Nebraska living. Tim has his work cut out for him. We've talked every night and there will be adjustments. If I told you the local banker came over to introduce himself to Tim would you smile along with me at the unlikely picture that creates?  Adjustments, indeed.

Charlie and I have our routine - the house stays clean.  I pack a box everyday.  I'm also trying to reduce the inventory in the freezer.  Tuesday (Wednesday?) I made a turkey potpie using turkey from Thanksgiving, the last of the potatoes, carrots, frozen peas and pie crusts that I couldn't remember my reason for buying - it's not a staple - so I must have had a specific use in mind.



Anyway - it turned out delicious, will feed me for several days and eliminates some clutter. 


We had someone look at the house yesterday.  The early part of the week was cold (-17 on the thermometer) and snowy (about 8 inches) so maybe no one wanted to be out and around, and we're hoping things will pick up soon.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

One showing on a bitterly cold day is a sign of good things to come!

You are so disciplined and purposeful in your multitasking.

What are you taking this semester?

ilona said...

Three classes: intro to music, public speaking and collections management.
Part of our assignment this week is to become familiar with diigo, which is an archival/networking site. Bookmarking, sticky notes, tags with the option to share with others. It's involving a lot of time and I'm not sure I see a practical application, for me, beyond classwork.
It could be a long week. Or maybe much too short...