20 September, 2010

chivlary

 google images
Over the summer, Tim and I have established and maintained a fairly consistent morning routine.  We wake up around 4:30 (give or take), do our workouts and start the day.  There are times that Tim will wake up earlier (I know, it makes my fingers stumble just to type it).  It registers with me that he is on his feet, but I go back to sleep, knowing that I don't need to be up just yet.  If I bothered to think about it at all during the day, I figured I had fallen into that deep, delightful sleep (you know the one) that happens in those last 15 minutes before the alarm rings. 
 My reason for that conclusion?  I don't hear the coffee grinder! 
Even a non-coffee drinker like me knows that coffee needs to be ground fresh before making a pot.  It loses vital aromatics and taste if you prepare your pot the night before and let it sit until a timer starts the process in the wee hours of the morning....
This whole thing came up in conversation recently and Tim sheepishly 'fessed up.  On those extra early mornings he takes his coffee grinder downstairs so the noise won't wake me! 
Now, I have to ask:  Doesn't this gesture rank right up there with the proverbial cloak across the mud puddle!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it ranks up there with helping a little old lady cross the sleep er... I mean street.

On Second Street said...

that is very sweet. who would have thought....