05 November, 2009

old things new

several years ago my sister-in-law, leslie, passed along some of grandma helen's glassware. i've enjoyed having and using it. these particular pieces held makeup brushes and compacts.
manufacturers being what they are, one of my standard products changed in shape and size recently and i had to reconfigure my storage/display system. (i like things accessible but neatly 'away')(i like having a reason to use these things)


they have a new home, again, courtesy of leslie.
we visited in early october and after discussing several possible uses for it she sent me on my way with this charmer.

everything tucked neatly away. thanks, leslie!!

2 comments:

On Second Street said...

cute mom. do you want that little wooden one we found at unique as well?

ilona said...

at this point i don't think so, but thanks for the offer.